Monday, September 1, 2008

Nicole's Reading Goals and Progress

Hey Everybody!

I'm finally getting the opportunity to post my progress for the Orange Prize. I have all the books below in my library.  I have read the ones in bold and I will post the reviews here separately. I guess my starting off point will be to read what I have first.  We'll see how it goes!

Award for New Writers - Winners and Short Lists: 2005- Present
2005
Lucky Girls, by Nell Freudenberger

Orange Prize Fiction Winners and Shortlists: 1996 to the Present

2008
The Road Home, by Rose Tremain - WINNER

2007
Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - WINNER
The Inheritance of Loss, by Kiran Desai
A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers, by Xiaolu Guo

2006
On Beauty, by Zadie Smith - WINNER
The Night Watch, by Sarah Waters

2005
We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver - WINNER
A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian, by Marina Lewycka


2004
Oryx and Crake, by Margaret Atwood

2003
Property, by Valerie Martin - WINNER
The Little Friend, by Donna Tartt

2002
Bel Canto, by Ann Patchett- WINNER

2001
The Blind Assassin, by Margaret Atwood

2000
White Teeth, by Zadie Smith

1999
The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver

Paradise, by Toni Morrison

1997
Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood

No comments: