For those readers who want to go further than the short lists, I have also provided a list of the titles which appeared annually on the long list for the Orange Prize for Fiction. Reading from the long lists is not required, by could be viewed as "extra credit!"
You may participate solely on your own blog, or post to this one. If you are interested in participating on this blog, please send an email message to the me at caribousmom at gmail dot com. You will then receive an "invitation" with a link and further instructions.Guidelines for Blog Participants:
- Introduce yourself via a blog post, and tell us about any Orange Prize winners you've read previously.
- You may post a review of each book you've read, even if it was a long time ago.
- As you read more books, you may post a full review, link to a review on your own blog, or just create a brief post noting the title(s) read. It's up to you!
Labeling of Posts:
- Always use your name as a label.
- Use the label, "Progress" for reading list updates.
- For each prize-winning book read, use the year won, the title of the book and in parentheses an "F" for fiction list or "N" for new writer list (for example: 2007 - The Lizard Cage (N) OR 2007 - Half a Yellow Sun (F)
- For each short list nominee read, use the year nominated with the word SHORTLIST and in parentheses an "F" for fiction list or "N" for new writer list (for example: 2007 - Shortlist (N)
- For each long list nominee read, use the year nominated with the word LONGLIST and in parentheses an "F" for fiction list (for example: 2007 - Longlist (F)