Monday, February 11, 2008

Christine's 2008 Goals and Progress

Thank you, Wendy, for setting up this challenge--the Orange Prize is a great list to mine for reads. Coming into 2008, I have read 14 books from the Fiction winners and shortlist (possibly 15--I read an Amy Tan book once, and it may have been The Hundred Secret Senses, but I couldn't swear to it), and 1 from the New Writers winners and shortlist. In 2008, I plan on reading reading another 6.

Orange Prize Winners and Shortlisted Books I Have Read
2007
Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - WINNER
The Inheritance of Loss, by Kiran Desai
A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers, by Xiaolu Guo
The Lizard Cage, by Karen Connelly - NEW WRITERS WINNER

2006
On Beauty, by Zadie Smith - WINNER
The History of Love, by Nicole Krauss

2005
We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver - WINNER

2002
Bel Canto, by Ann Patchett- WINNER
Fingersmith, by Sarah Waters

2001
The Blind Assassin, by Margaret Atwood

2000
White Teeth, by Zadie Smith

1999
The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
Paradise, by Toni Morrison

1997
Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood
I Was Amelia Earhart, by Jane Mendelsohn

I haven't written any reviews of the books above, but I have been writing reviews starting this year and will post them here and crosspost them on my blog.

No comments: