Saturday, April 5, 2008

The long Longlist and the days that are too short!

I'm desperately trying to eat my way through this years Orange Longlist before the Shortlist is announced. Only just over a week to go, and I'm only on my third book. Yikes!

So far I have managed to read Rose Tremains' "The Road Home" (click here to read the review I posted on my personal blog), and Man Booker winner "The Gathering" by Anne Enright (review fresh off the press!). If it was a straight run between the two books "The Gathering" would have it for me, but I'm holding out for some of the other titles on the Longlist. They seem much more my cup of tea.

My copy of The Voluptuous Delights of Peanut Butter and Jam arrived from Germany this morning, just in the nick of time. I've been looking forward to reading this so much because African literature generally goes down well with me and I love the title of the book. Oh dear, I'm just so shallow. Dear Reader... I shall keep you posted on how I get on with it.

I hope your own reading endeavours are going well. I'm off to stick my nose in a book. The ironing is just going to have to wait.

No comments: